I can probably do these whips with my eyes closed seeing I have been making them since I was 18 years old and was hooked on the Fit For Life diet (oh dear). Twenty five years later, and the wholefoods industry has exploded, and brought to our table fabulous super-foods that not only nourish and heal our bodies, but also makes preparing healthy plant-based food so much more fun.
This whip is a good source of electrolytes, fiber, antioxidants, amino acids and essential fatty acids, a perfect way to start the day or as a healthy yet fulfilling afternoon snack to curb unhealthy cravings.
- 4 frozen small bananas
- 1 1/4 coconut quench
- 1 heaped tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 heaped tsp almond spread
- 1 tsp maca powder
- 2 tsp white chia seeds
- 2 tsp raw cacao nibs
- 6 frozen or fresh raspberries
- 1 tbsp dried white mulberries
- 1 tsp dried rose petals
- Place all ingredients for the whip in a blender and blend until you get a smooth consistency and a formation of a flower on the top of the whip.
- Place immediately in a serving bowl, add topping and eat straight away to ensure the whip is still frozen when eaten.
- Prepare your choice of toppings before making the whip to fasten the serving time. If for some reason there is a time lapse, put the whole blender jug momentarily in the freezer until you are ready (max 5-10 minutes). Sometimes when making a frozen whip the blender can get a little congested, stop the blender and whilst it is off, turn the ingredients with a wooden spoon, remove the spoon and start blending again. Repeat this process as needed and to hasten the prep time.
Hope you enjoy this delicious whip as much as I do!